This long-neglected cemetery has been cleaned, restored and fenced by the Scott County cemetery Commission. It is located in Lexington Township, just west of county road 900 E. It is in the southeast quarter of Section 27, T. 3N., R. 8E. This tract of 160 acres was entered Dec.29, 1829, by Rev. Calvin W. Ruter, a pioneer Christian preacher. In 1889 the land was owned by Ann Black, hence the name of the cemetery today. There are only seven marked graves, but we were able to count over 25 graves marked only by rough head and flat stones, and sunken spots in the ground. The pioneers who rest here deserve to be remembered.
CLOSE, Jacob, Born Nov. 2, 1819, died April 2, 1899.
CLOSE, Elizabeth, wife of Jacob Close, died Feb.26, 1875, age 42 yrs.
CLOSE, John, born May27, 1796, died Aug.19, 1854
CLOSE, Margaret J., wife of W. H. Close, born Sept.27, 1826, died Aug. 2, 1855.
DURBIN, Benjamin (Civil War Veteran), served in Co. H., 22nd. Ind. Vol. Inf. (No dates)
HOLLENBECK, Henry, born Feb.14, 1804, died Sept. 4, 1855.
STONEHOUSE, Henry, born Aug. 12, 1831, died July 6, 1863. (Served in Civil War in Co. C., 38th Ind. Vol. Inf.) He was a son of Thomas and Nancy (Pillow) Stonehouse.