The land where this cemetery is located was entered (patented) March 17, 1837, by Daniel Reynolds. Not many years later…
There are two burials on the Raymond Comer Farm. Turn west off Getty Road – dead end road. Pass Max Mickelson’s Farm, about 1 1/2 miles on an abandoned road.
This long-neglected cemetery has been cleaned, restored and fenced by the Scott County cemetery Commission. It is located in Lexington Township, just west of county road 900 E. It is in the southeast quarter of Section 27, T. 3N., R. 8E. This tract of 160 acres was entered Dec.29, 1829, by Rev. Calvin W. Ruter, a pioneer Christian preacher. In 1889 the land was owned by Ann Black, hence the name of the cemetery today. There are only seven marked graves, but we were able to count over 25 graves marked only by rough head and flat stones, and sunken spots in the ground.
Abandoned since 1915, this isolated cemetery on the Scott County Jefferson County Line, is on a hilltop in a heavily wooded area, accessible only via a slate bottom creek in dry weather; otherwise, through weed-grown fields. It is .7 mile south of State Road 56, off Road 1233W.